Monday, May 23, 2016

Bad Company - Bad Company (1974)


I know Bad Company. They're pretty popular on classic rock stations, though typically it's the same 4 or maybe 5 songs in each station's rotation. And not surprisingly their debut album kicks off with one of them, "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love". It's a good song with a decent hook, but since this one is first and isn't really all that great, I wonder if the fact that it's the leadoff hitter in this lineup makes it more noticable, and that's why it has lasted on rock radio all these years.

The other song I recognize on this record is the title track, which is also the name of the band. That's a bit annoying, but the song is pretty good so I can't mind all that much. The other music is pretty good, a mix of blues and a bit of southern-fried rock. Paul Rogers is an excellent vocalist, and Bad Company's blend of guitar-based hard rock obviously speaks to me. I'm not sure if Bad Company belongs among the 1,001 albums you must hear before you die, but it's good. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment