Friday, June 20, 2014

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory (1991)


"I drink so much soda they call me Dr. Pepper." And it's like butter, ain't no margarine, it's like butter. Sigh, Missy Elliot and Kid Rock have dulled my senses so much that these lyrics hardly bother me anymore.

These guys sure do have a lot of rhymes. In case I missed them rhyming for 40 minutes straight, they made sure to tell me in one of their songs. I forget which song since they all sound the same. Also their beats are fly and dope and all that 90s New Jack slang. Pfft.

How dated is this album? It name-drops the Arsinio Hall show as if it were cool. Twice. There really isn't much else interesting about it. This is easy-listening hip-hop that just goes on and on and on. At least it wasn't as awful as most hip-hop I've listened to. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment