Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Circle Jerks - Group Sex (1980)



(originally posted on Facebook)

If I told you this album is only 15 minutes long and consisted of 14 songs, what kind of album would you think it is? If you answered, "shitty" you've been reading my reviews too long and my snide humor has polluted your mind. If you said, "punk rock" thanks for paying close attention. Punk music tries really hard to be as offensive as possible, but it's tough to be offended when they release songs called, "World Up My Ass". Through all the yelling I'm wondering if they really understand what they're yelling about, or even if they're all that mad. If I was so angry as to write a song I'd hope I could write more than 1 minute worth of music. About the only thing positive about Group Sex (the album) is that it's over really quickly. Even though I knew it was short I was still shocked and had to double check my ipod to be sure it was done. Didn't hate it, or have any serious emotional reaction to it, really. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment