Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Big Black - Atomizer (1986)


(originally posted to Facebook)

I have been exposed to a new genre. I mean, now that I know what it is I know I've heard it before, but anyway. Big Black is a noise rock band from the 80s. It sounds like they played guitars strung with chicken wire through tin speakers stuffed with steel wool. Then they bark out repetitive and disposable lyrics over chunky riffs for about 3-4 minutes until the song eventually ends. Oddly enough I got used to the noise and kinda settled into the middle songs, but got tired of it by about the twentieth time he asked Joe to hang with him. If you weren't coming of age in the 80s this album is pretty useless to you. 2 stars for me, because I didn't really hate it but can't say I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment