Thursday, February 20, 2014

MJ Cole - Sincere (2000)




(originally posted to Facebook)

MJ Cole's Sincere is an interesting album. What Cole does is mix a bunch of clips of sounds and instruments playing and people singing lyrics into a standard techno beat. The big problem is that too many of the songs are way too long for this concept. I don't need to hear "You gotta get an attitude attitude attitude attitude attitude attitude. Put your hand on your hip! You gotta get an attitutde attitude attitude..." more than twice before I get a little tired of it. Also, the clips are often a little too clipped, making them sound like mistakes, or like my computer is having trouble buffering the stream. Anyone who knows me knows techno isn't for me. A whole album of 17 techno songs did nothing to change that. Since the album asked, no I don't feel the vibes. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment