Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Madonna - Like A Prayer (1989)


(originally posted on Facebook)

I've had trouble keeping up with my album quest lately. But I've signed up for Rdio.com service so I can get them through my ipod. Hopefully this will make it easier to load up albums and listen to them remotely anywhere in wifi range.

So tonight I dealt with Madonna's Like A Prayer. The 80s were just not kind to music. It is nice to hear an album of pop music and feel like someone had actually composed the content within- can't say that for most of the crap that plays on the radio today. Too bad the big thing in the 80s was to bury the music under layers of synthesizers. There's no real point in using real instruments like a drum set if a drum machine would sound exactly the same. Madonna can sing and she can write decent music. I wonder what she might have sounded like in a time without synthesizers. 2 stars- not for me.

Comments

Jenn K - I have that album memorized word for word. Listen to some of her new stuff, then go back and re-evaluate it, you'll up the stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment