Friday, March 21, 2014

Aerosmith - Pump (1989)


(originally posted on Facebook)
  Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe when a band makes a new album it's not important for them to be distinguishible from each other. Maybe most bands don't think a person is likely to sit down and listen to an entire album and thus won't get bored when all the songs sound the same. I just don't know. I'm having trouble lately coming up with stuff to write about albums I listen to, and a lot of that has to do with being bored about halfway through. Not that Aerosmith doesn't know how to rock, and these tunes have some catchy hooks. Then there's "Janie's Got a Gun". Am I supposed to be moved? Because it's really hard to focus on the dark content of a girl overcoming her father's abuse when there's so much synth layered on top. Meh, 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment