Friday, March 28, 2014

Mekons - Fear and Whiskey (1985)



(originally posted on Facebook)

80s rock. What an insulting oxy-moron. What the hell happened to the British during the 80s? For 2 decades we got so many great bands, such as The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits... I could go on. Then the 80s came around and we got bands like Mekon. Were the British just tired of their bands being super-ridiculously good? I don't know how much more I can write about how shitty stereotypical 80s rock is. It's no wonder everyone did a lot of cocaine. Something had to get people to want to party, and it certainly wasn't going to be the music.


I'm only 80 albums into this 1,047 album list and I'm already so sick of this 80s crap that if I see an album from the 80s I want to skip it. There is so little to learn from this period of synthesized drudge and I think I've learned it all. I'm starting to get really angry at how cliched and terrible 80s music is. I don't want to listen to another 80s music album in my life. I know it's unlikely this is the last one on my list, so I'm filled with a particularly high amount of dread right now. 1 star.

1 comment: