Thursday, March 6, 2014

R.E.M. - Murmur (1983)



(originally posted on Facebook)

Yeesh... Talk about your sugary wuss rock. I haven't listened to R.E.M. in quite a while, and never a whole album. I don't remember it being so weak. The music isn't bad just blah. The album doesn't really build to anything, it just starts with some poppy-rock and holds its pace. I didn't hate it, I just didn't really get into it. Murmur isn't a bad album, but the most I can say about it is it's competent. This is the sort of album that really doesn't belong on a "1,001 Albums to Hear Before You Die!" list, and leads me to believe the author thought of a bunch of good bands and included their best albums just to fill things out a bit. I don't want to keep listening to such blandness. But I made a commitment. A long one for sure. It gets longer with every nothing album I have to sit through. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment