Friday, March 28, 2014

Nas - Illmatic (1991)



(originally posted on Facebook)

Hmmm... Nigga's? Keepin' it real? Countin' jacksons? Henessey? Fuckin' witchyoo? Must be a rap album. I'm not sure what else I have to say at this point. There's nothing to make Illmatic musically stand out above any other rap album I've heard yet. I guess it's dope and the beats are fly, or whatever they said back in 1991. Again no instruments, only samples and a drum machine. And I may have been too kind earlier to say "beats" because I'm pretty sure the entire album is one tempo. Nas sure does like talking about how awesome he is and how much he likes Henessey. As much as I despise rap and hip-hop I didn't hate Illmatic. 2 stars.

Comments

Joe F - I like Nas and Damien Marleys album "distant relatives". It's really a great album

No comments:

Post a Comment