Monday, March 31, 2014

Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello (1967)


(originally posted on Facebook)
  I really love this song "No Man Can Find The War" that leads off the album. I'm highly optimistic that this is going to be a real treasure. I'm not sure I've ever heard Tim Buckley's music before, but in any case I really like this album. It's a nice mixture of folk, psychedelic, and a bit of baroque. Buckley has a soft tenor voice similar to Steven Stills but a step higher. Some of the music has the feel of Simon and Garfunkel but not as severe. The arrangements gel together just as well as David Ackle's American Gothic... It's been at least a year since I reviewed that one and this is just the second time I'm making a comparison to my only 5-star review thus far. If you can find a copy of Goodbye and Hello I recommend it quite highly. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment